[Cob] hanging pictures and decorations on cob

Everhart, Gabe geverhart at hjhigh.com
Wed Nov 5 11:42:12 CST 2003

How hard (and practical) is it to nail into a finished cob wall?  I'm thinking in terms of hanging pictures and decorations, and would the *albeit* small nails do damage to the cob?  I'm seeing large chunks of cob flying everywhere every time you go to hammer - and once you get a nail into the wall, how secure would it be?  I would imagine if you really thought ahead, you could embed something in the wall as you're laying the cob, but who has THAT kind of foresight?

Regards,
Gabriel Everhart