[Cob] zeolite Heard of It?

Mike Swink mswink77 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 6 21:18:11 CST 2003

Hello,
 If zeolite can be mixed with cob to add benifits to cob homes then this is cob related for sure. But if zeolite is not then I am sorry to waste anyones time.

 Seems zeolite has forty or more diffrent types within the same family.

 I was disappointed that american people fail to understand the benifits compaired to those over seas. One person took the first thing that said zeolite and failed to understand that there were diffrent types of zeolite and all perform diffrent functions.

 zeolites. Some hold heat forever?? or can remove ordors. Like Perlite and the tiny rocks you see in fish tanks. They can be mixed in with cob. But will either be your worst nightmare or best investement. IT seems you have to know which type to use. Some zeolite holds mositure while others do not. Imagine a cob wall that would never dry out. So it is smart to find some one who knows the diffrence.

I looked up cool keg on google[links below]. There is a german site with english version and also a beer dist, in american . Seems in fla you find kegs that when you simply pull TAB off top in thirty minutes it cools the keg in sunlight [100 F goes down to 40 F]. No power source just a play on vacumn and zeolite. There is allready filters for pets cages,and other things. Here is some links to site that may be of interest to learn more. I hope the person who make the paper cob walls will take a look. And if there is any enigneers that can decipher the chemical charts . that would be good also. Some kegs come with lever that you pump a few times and then can be refilled to start the cooling process again.

Shows detail of what is inside of keg wall that causes the cooling.
http://www.zeo-tech.de/htm/e/e_keg.htm

Brief details of how it works.
http://www.coolsystem.de/tech/zeolite/index.html

Shows real size of kegs next to people neat.
http://www.coolsystem.de/pictures_vids/index.html

The Ice-Quick is a small device to demonstrate the adsorption technology
with the sorption pair water/zeolite. It consists of a zeolite filled
cartridge, connected via an adaptor to a plastic cup, which contains some
water, and which is evacuated by means of a hand-vacuum pump.
http://www.zeo-tech.de/htm/e/e_demog1.htm

 The solar-powered refrigerator consists of a cooler box with a built-in
evaporator and uses water as the cooling agent. In addition to this, all
that is needed is a manually operated vacuum pump and one or more canisters
containing the non-toxic mineral zeolite (a naturally occurring mineral) and
an SK 14 parabolic dish.
http://www.eg-solar.de/english/solar_cooling.htm