[Cob] hybrid bags

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 17:41:56 CST 2003

There's this:

http://gnat3.gnat.net/~goshawk/

Pat's on the list, one of the Georgia cobbers, not exactly arid desert
there.  He and his late wife went to the Cal-Earth school.  His house is a
hybrid.  The link above is to his (older, I think) picture page, with
pictures from their time at Cal-Earth as well as the place in Georgia.

Charmaine Taylor (the bookstore woman) has or had a bit--probably in the
papercrete part of her website (start with www.dirtcheapbuilders.com ) about
using Gabions as a foundation for, in that case, straw bale, because they do
come in rectangles, but I'd guess they're adaptable for anything.  These are
big wire baskets filled with the largest rock you can buy.  I've seen a
handful of pictures from Europe where they are the exposed foundations.  In
this country they are mostly used for erosion control, road and river banks.

Jilly writes (snipped).
I have the books mentioned, regarding earth bags in a foundation setting. I
was questioning the use of them as a wall, the north wall.

MSN Messenger with backgrounds, emoticons and more.
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/cdp_customize