[Cob] Cob Roof

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Thu Nov 13 01:00:00 CST 2003

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Mike Swink wrote:

> Why is there not a way to make our own roofing tiles from cob??
> Or does anyone know how to make tera carter type.
[snip]

There is a technique for making unfired adobe/clay roofing tiles.  I'm
planning on trying it out in the near future, don't know much about it
(like how well it would hold up to wet oregon weather), but there is just
enough information on it in the "Shelter" book to give it a try (page 74).
I have heard of a similar German technique but don't have any information
on that one.