[Cob] Cobbing in Central America and SE Asia

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 20 09:08:40 CST 2003

Kleiwerks comes to mind.  North Carolina based, they do work all over the
world.  But they seem to figure that everyone from the "cash-rich" countries
can afford to pay.  Someone other than me is going to have to decide if this
is reasonable for instruction--should be quite a bit more than "go join a
group that's working, they'll show you what to do"--plus room and board.
South America, Thailand, and a project in Tamil Nadu are on their list.

Here's the link from a two-week course in Patagonia in early December.

http://kleiwerks.com/argentina.html

Someone else probably has other ideas.

Glynis Hull-Rochelle asks
I've been a lurker and learner on this list for several months and have
worked a little bit on one cob house so far.  In the new year I (with my
spouse and young child) plan to travel through Central America for a couple
of months. The following year we will be traveling in SE Asia for a few
months, then staying in Pune, India for 2 months.  I would really like to do
some cob or other alternative building work in both of these places, but a
lot of the opportunities I have found on the internet are related to paid
courses. I will not have money to pay extra but since I will already be
there would be happy to participate in volunteer work. Does anyone have
experience and/or contacts regarding volunteer cobbing in Central America,
India,  Cambodia, Vietnam or Laos?

>From the hottest toys to tips on keeping fit this winter, you’ll find a
range of helpful holiday info here.