[Cob] Buying bulk wool

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 23 10:56:18 CST 2003

Congratulations on finishing a project!

I did a search (google) on wool insulation.  Most of the first page was real
wool insulation, although the first item up was a cellulose product called
nu-wool.  Here are two random links. I've never dealt with any of these guys
before, so I don't know how reliable any of them are.  Caveat emptor--buyer
beware.

http://www.customwoolenmills.com/insul.htm
http://www.goodshepherdwool.com/

If there are sheep farmers in your area, you might ask if some of them have
low-grade wool that for whatever reason they did not put on the market back
in the spring.

Clint wrote:
	I just finished a cob greenhouse, and need to insulate the
roof.  I'd like to use wool, but as winter is just starting, no one
(around here) is shearing :)  Does anyone have a good resource for
bulk wool?  It doesn't need to be cleaned or carded.  Also, does
anyone have numbers on density, so I can calculate coverage when
buying by the pound?  I seem to remember around 1.5 pounds/ft3, but I
can't remember where I read that.

Groove on the latest from the hot new rock groups!  Get downloads, videos,
and more here.  http://special.msn.com/entertainment/wiredformusic.armx