[Cob] Re:greenery dome-paper-clay

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 25 18:29:56 CST 2003

Rural Studio did some things with corrugated cardboard bales when Mockbee
was still alive, because they are really landfill bait, they wanted things
like waxed pizza boxed.  My recollection was that  about all that they did
was put up the walls.  No finishing, no nothing--I take it back--in the
"composites" tab, they do show a plasterer's hand, and there's some
discussion about protection from the rain.  The little building was for
student housing.  It's a fun website.

http://www.corrugatedconstruction.com/
Eos and Charmaine Taylor (snipped and snipped):

- paper bales are possibly more insulative than with straw but otherwise
very similar and i like the direct use of newspaper instead of having to
re-process (more embodied energy etc...)

Bales have been used by a CO builder, and featured in  Natural Home magazine
a year ago...very heavy bales of carboard/paper scrap were plastered over,
lots of other recycling too in the house.  But they used a cement plaster I
think.

Has one of the new viruses infected your computer?  Find out with a FREE
online computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!