[Cob] wiring and plumbing

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 1 19:05:47 CST 2003

Welcome to the list.

If it was me, I'd try to have already talked to the health department--or
whoever it is in your county that approves septic tank locations, etc., and
the person who is actually going to do the work on the septic tank.

And have someone who knows quite a bit about plumbing talk through your
layout, where your in and out lines are coming through--probably through
your foundation.

When I moved into my travel trailer, the septic tank had already been here
for a couple of months.  If I build here, I am going to have to put my
foundation around the existing septic tank inlet--if I use a rubble trench
foundation that may not be too awful, but I'd just as soon not break the
pipe and have to dig all of that out and redo it, not in this rocky soil.

You know already that a) compact plumbing layouts are good. and b) water
leaks in and on the walls are bad.

KC Harmon wrote:
Because of a mild winter (so far), we'll begin working on the foundation
this coming weekend.

I'm collecting information on wiring and plumbing. We'll have generators and
solar as well as cistern and septic.
This information may have been covered recently so please excuse me if I am
asking a redundant question.  I would appreciate any information you all
care to share.

Need a shot of Hank Williams or Patsy Cline?  The classic country stars are
always singing on MSN Radio Plus.  Try one month free!