[Cob] concerning building codes

Mike Swink mswink77 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 16 16:55:52 CST 2003

concerning building codes no doubt I have just over looked in my links.

 Does anyone know if cob homes are mentioned in the
International Residental Code: For One and Two family dwellings.?????? This book cost about 50usd. Note become a licensed building code inspector.
Not as exspensive I had thought at first. Online courses from ICC and Local state boards will confirm who they accept licenses and trainging from.

 The inspectors belive if it is not in the code books it is assumed not a viable building etc.

 Has anyone read the book called "Cob and the Building Code" by John Fordice   ???????

 Not sure if it tells us how to obtain permits.

 Would love to see actual page showing codes that approve of cob homes from England or other countries. This might help us also.

 mike swink
mswink77 at earthlink.net

Pet Project of the Day:
 How to create Projects for Children to build with cob.

PC tip of the day
 Have a old game you want to play on your new pc?
Then follow this in any windows xp.

First put old game in computer try to run it.
make note of what it says. Like Needs Win95 or Win98.

1.Start Button..
2.Help and Support
3.Fixing a Problem[bottom left]
4.Application and Software problems
5.Getting older programs to run on Windows xp
6.Start the Program Compatibility Wizard.
7.Some require you to get updated drivers etc.

Link for the day
Book Finder
http://www.bookfinder.com
Put in at least one:Authors name...Title...ISBN.

Subject of the Day
Want to melt down some metal and make something new?
Try this link to Aluminum Casting Furances
http://home.earthlink.net/~jfbell/furnace.html

Spiritual though of the day
 It is the awareness of his nature that changes us.

Fun Stuff of the day
For 200usd you get a 30" satellite dish and for 75.oo dollars more a moter that changes direction from inside home. You can recieve hundreds of free tv channels and radio stations. Also if you want you can also subscribe to special programing. Follow link below. Then look at far right side of page and go down to where you see free tv and radio. Note this is one of the fastest growing areas and it will be next year when I suspect to see the growth of this to be like One Thousand percent. It is that Hot.
Everthing is going wireless aka wifi.
Signal Hill Trading Company INC. Is just one company your local satellite dealer will have these also.
Signal Hill Trading Company
http://www.easycart.net/SignalHillTradingCompanyInc./Free_to_Air_TV.html

Lyng Satellite is a clearing house of information on what satellites are providing television and radio.
http://www.lyngsat.com/

When the War times cool off,Expect to see internet serivces will also be available via this same dish. It was a security issue that forced dishnetwork to not go with a Internet. But this will be of the past very soon.
Food Shelter and Clothing tip.