[Cob] new to list -- hello!

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 20 22:00:12 CST 2003

Oooh!  I'm thinking about rainwater catchment.

Butterfly roofs I've always thought were ugly as sin, but they would be nice
for short runs to the water tank.

An inverted cone (think ice cream cone) would be a serious pain to clean the
fall leaves and general debris out of, I'd think.  But if you could put your
main tank either UNDER the house  or build your house AROUND it (friends on
a Pacific Island did somewhere in between those, with a 25,000 gallon tank),
no freezing pipes, really compact system.  Wow.

Your house might suddenly get big, though.
Joe dupont replied to me on the subject of roof overhangs:

It would seem that a butterfly roof or an inverted cone would minimze the
amount of rain driping on the COB.  and it makes the use of gutters
uneccessary.. saving money or allowing for a slightly bigger roof.
In thinking about it.. the wind blowing around an inverted cone roof with
overhangs might actually
exhurt downward thrust as a conventional roof creates lift.

providers now.  https://broadband.msn.com