[Cob] City Code Evasion Strategy Suggestions??

Jeanette Bonoan jeanettebonoan at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 29 13:06:07 CST 2003

Hi everyone!  Jeanette here!  I have been researching alternative building
for 4 years, and have discovered that cob and superadobe are my favorite
choices at this point.  I have been reading this list for a few months now
and just decided to join in.

Since building codes for cob seem to be the major concern for most builders,
can anyone on this list tell me WHERE they built their cob homes without
having to compromise their hobbit cottage ambitions???  I live outside of
Austin, TX and plan to move to a rural area in Southern Washington, or NW
Oregon.

I plan to visit the Cob Cottage Company (I think that's the one) to see what
they have done in Oregon, but does anyone know if these sample buildings are
being lived in, or if they serve another purpose?  I know that alot of us
are still in the theory stage. I'm building a model to scale at this time
(very tiny).  I would just like to hear some success stories with cob.

Thank You!
Jeanette