[Cob] about heating

Mike Swink mswink77 at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 21 08:02:07 CST 2004

I am a sucker when it comes to books that are forbidden esp when they deal with heating a home. or generateing electricity etc.
The book I got yesterday I just thrumbed through and it and learned my lesson I hope , for at least a while.
It was just a 55gallon drum stove surrounded by fist size roock and then used cob brick wall then strawbale then cob outter wall.

For sure it held the heat and then they put a big box fan to blow air into home. I am house sick and need a HOUSE DOCTOR.
for I hate the central air that blows dust in my nose.

I hope someone on this list that feels they have the best cob heatting solution will write. I wonder if the floor type heating coils is the best or does it dry out the air also.

I did see an underground home so air tight they almost died from lack of oxygen. So we better be wise in what we build.

Still looking for a tinker who might can take some of  my off cob subject ideas to test to see if they would work.
Like air well and electros osmosis. I been thinking more about liquid stone does anyone know if this stuff can be made by a person or is it some kind of high tech junk? It seems that liquid stone would be spread over clay or straw and leave a very endureing surface. Might be of interest. I think they sale the high tech type at big supply stores hd or lowes etc.

Is anyone makeing a FAQ for cob list??
 Can someone help list owner to set up a place on the web that could hold the photos I have from germany?
It really would be neat . I know yahooooo does this but guess it cost up the yahoooo tooo.
create a nice day. picnic or stroll through the park.

Also I did find out some more on sat dishes etc that cost lesss than the paid services but not sure If i should say this. oh well.