[Cob] Plaster failure question

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Wed May 17 10:35:51 CDT 2006

I'm curious about THE answer, having the same kind of problem with lime
chinking in a wooden wall.

In my case, I should probably put all kinds of little screws in the wood--as
opposed to scratching it.

Did you wet the wall down well?  Dry cob might cause the lime plaster to dry
too fast on the inside.

Georgie wrote (snipped)

Over the winter and spring, it became obvious that significant portions of
the plaster had pulled away from the wall and was primed to fall off, or be
knocked off by passersby. I can go around the wall and, by knocking, tell by
the hollow sound that some plaster didn't adhere/pulled away.