[Cob] crack in plaster

Jill Hogan jill.hogan at mat.org.za
Tue Sep 16 12:44:36 CDT 2008

1 part lime, 3 parts and and 1 earth is a great mix. We trowel it on (metal trowel), scratch coat as thin as possible and then a second or final coat which we trowel on as well. The mixture is wet like a cement plaster. We do not keep it wet and we have extreme temps. If you are getting cracks it means there is to much clay in your earth mixture so reduce it to 1/2 part rather than one.
We have great plaster mixtures. Good luck with yours
Jill Hogan
MAT
023 625 1533
www.mat.org.za
We are sponsored by Cape Lime, Robertson.