Tell me everything. Dish.

Shannon Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Thu Aug 29 16:16:02 CDT 1996

>         3 cheers for Shannon! Thanks for settin' this list up...
>
>         I'm guessing at the listmail address - using the sb list as a model,
> I'm sending this to coblist at deatech.com rather than
> owner-coblist at deatech.com (the return-path) or Majordomo at deatech.com
> (indicated as the reply-to)... we'll see if this works...

You win the prize for guessing correctly, but of course you shouldn't have
to guess, this has been corrected in the introductory message.  Sorry.

>         Are there any good books or manuals on this technique available? I
> really do need to know *much* more about it. There's the Cob Web II, of
> course, at http://www.deatech.com/cobcottage/, which is this list's host
> site, and a pretty good article in the May / June '96 issue of Backwoods
> Home Magazine. Beyond that, I'm clueless.

See my response to the previous posting.

>         So even though I sometimes get email from from people asking me to
> tell them everything there is to know about strawbale construction (and I
> frankly don't know all that much about *that* either, 'specially compared to
> some folks) and I fully realize that there's literally no way to fill a
> request like that, that's exactly what I'm asking for...
>

> Happy to be here,
>
> M J

Hopefully this list will provide a means to learn more about cob, as well
as a forum for new ideas.  I hope (as time permits) to write up some
basic instructions on making cob which should help some (making cob is
simple, but explaining some of it is not).  In addition, I believe that
Cob Cottage Company has been approached to write a book on the subject,
though I am not sure of its current status.

Shannon Dealy
dealy at deatech.com