cob in patio wall

Shannon Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Thu Sep 5 13:15:01 CDT 1996

On Thu, 5 Sep 1996, Janet Moore wrote:

> Hi, Shannon,
>
> >I remember seeing some pictures of a cob wall used as a fence, the wall
> >was built using a simple dry stone foundation (no mortar) . . .
> A-ha! That's a great idea! As luck would have it, somebody very nice has
> already sent me a book on building with stone. Time to start studying.
>
> Do you have a list of recommended books on cob?

The only book on cob that I have seen is the Cob Reader put out by Cob
Cottage Company.  This booklet contains a collection of articles on cob
(about 60-70 pages), I don't consider it to be adequate for learning to
make cob, but it is a good resource.  I have heard that a book on cob is
in the works, but my impression is that it is just being started.

To order the Cob Reader, get the Cob Product Order Form from the Cob Cottage
web site: "http://www.deatech.com/cobcottage".  I think it costs about $12.

Shannon Dealy
dealy at deatech.com