How to make cob

Aodhan Mac Domhnaill aodhan at faroc.com.au
Thu Sep 19 18:18:00 CDT 1996

Hello There folks,

                   I've been fascinated with alternative building styles and
COB seems to right for me. Unfortunately I know very little about it.
                   At the moment I live in Australia but will be going back
to live in Ireland next year and would love to build my own home. I would be
very grateful to anyone who could steer me in the right path. Questions
like, how do you know if you have the right sort of clay ? What are the
proper mixtures? How much straw do you put in with relation to the other
ingredients?

Everything I have read so far gives very sketchy details and a lot on
generalisation.
                   Thanking you all in advance

                           Mise le meas

                          Aodhan Mac Domhnaill