wastewater treatment

duckchow at ix.netcom.com duckchow at ix.netcom.com
Mon Dec 9 22:30:47 CST 1996

At 09:02 PM 12/9/96 -0600, Eric Hart wrote:

>One warning is that many counties that don't have building codes do require
>a septic permit.

	I'll vouch for this. We'll be able to live in anything we want when we
finally move to our site in South Dakota - but if they catch us without a
septic system, we get nailed big time. I haven't pursued it past the
initial contact yet, but their answer when I asked if we could use a
composting toilet was "Sure - if you have a septic tank." (I hesitate to be
an outlaw about it since our place adjoins a national forest - don't need
the feds after me...)

>Composting toilets are expensive ($750-1000)...

	Possibly cheaper if you make your own.

>and do use some electricity.

	Except for the non-electric models.

       M J Epko    duckchow at ix.netcom.com