what's cob really all about and can I use it in colorado?

Edward J Hartnett ejh at idcomm.com
Tue Feb 18 10:04:41 CST 1997

Howdy all!

I've looked at the web sites I could find, but I still have a lot of
questions about cob building.

I'm in the planning process for building a cabin in the Rocky mountains in
Boulder county Colorado this summer. I'm probably going to use strawbale
construction for that.

But I also need a storage shed - would cob be a good choice for that kind
of structure?

Do the walls always have to be very thick?

Are the walls usually loadbearing or is there some post and beam to hold up
the roof?

Anyone know of any cob buildings in Colorado?

Thanks!

Ed