what's cob really all about and can I use it in colorado?

Paul Valerio valeri at io.com
Tue Feb 18 12:42:26 CST 1997

Ed,

Get the book from the Cob Cottage Company.  It's worth the $11.  Tells
you all you need to know.  Go to their website >
http://www.deatech.com/cobcottage/
and print out their order form and send it in.

Although I've never built a cob house, I'm totally excited about it,
especially because I recently learned that my mother grew up in a
"wattle and daub" house in England that is still in great shape after
almost 400 years!  Wattle and daub is basically cob with a very loose
framework of sticks to give the cob something to hold on to, although it
apparently does not support the roof.

I went to a cob workshop openhouse in Austin that was sponsored by the
Cob Cottage company and believe me, if they can do it, you can too!  No
offense intended--it just looks very easy, although labor intensive.

pv