Copy of: Re: Laporte

John Cruickshank hobbithouse at compuserve.com
Thu Feb 20 00:28:48 CST 1997

Re: Eric H.
"        The pamphlet "Mooseprints" is only good for 'this is why light
clay
construction is great' and is not a how-to book.  I guess you are supposed
to take his workshops to find out how to do it.  Its not much more than a
pamphlet and is published by LaPorte (so wouldn't be in Books In Print).

Eric D. Hart
Community Eco-design Network
Minneapolis, MN  USA
(612) 722-3260
erichart at mtn.org
http://www.tc.umn.edu/nlhome/m037/kurtdand/cen
"

I hope you have read this primer.  Your critique would suggest otherwise.
I helped in the publishing, and it is definately not as simplistic and
uninforming as you suggest.  But it is definately "light" on detail as you
suggested.  But I know that you can use the primer as is to get started
right now in slip form light clay straw wall construction.  All the
recipes, line art and photos for forming methods, tools, and techniques are
presented, and does include introductory material for plasters and earthen
flooring.  I use the primer regularily (for the recipes in particular), and
it's all most need to start in on a project right away.  I would be
interested in any material you have at your disposal that futhers the
techique any more.  At the moment, Mooseprints is all that I have seen that
exposes the simplicity of it all.

John Cruickshank   << Going Concerns Unlimited >>     Hobbit House USA
Sunrise Ranch         5569 North County Road 29       Loveland CO 80538
                  <<<<hobbithouse at compuserve.com>>>>
              Helping to get your concerns going since 1976
                 and provider of the "Sunny John" solution