Learning about cob

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Sun Apr 13 22:25:45 CDT 1997

On 7 Apr 1997 Jlhighland at kktv.com wrote:

> I'd appreciate information from people
> who've attended a cob construction workshop
> in the past:
>
> 1.  What do you consider to be the most
> valuable things you learned?

How to make cob, they provide alot of good information regarding
foundations, siting, solar design, drainage, etc., but the simplicity
and versatility of cob made it by far the most important lesson for me.

Using cob it is possible to make: walls, benches, shelves, ovens,
fireplace, sculptures, plasters, floors.  All of these things are possible
(and alot more) using only cob (earth (sand & clay), straw, and water), no
wood or other materials required.

> 2.  Do you consider the cost of the workshop
> to have been money well spent?

Absolutely

Shannon Dealy
dealy at deatech.com