Cob Plaster on Straw Bale walls

Thomas P. Morrissey thomcelt at juno.com
Sun Jul 6 09:30:48 CDT 1997

On Sat, 5 Jul 1997 07:58:20 -0700 "Bob Bolles" <bbolles at cts.com> writes:
>The main "bathroom" building has 2 toilets and 2 shower areas - Yes,
>they
>are SB and cob plaster
>We are about to finish a 3 shower unit - Yep - SB and Cob plaster

Could you give a bit more detail on how earthen plasters are used
successfully in areas subject to heavy moisture, i.e., showers.

Are the shower area earthen walls somehow protected from direct
contact with the shower water?  If not shielded are the earthen
walls somehow "fortified" with some form of water resistant
substance?

Thanks.  Sounds like you are doing some great work.

-- Tom Morrissey,  thomcelt at juno.com
USPS: 5569 N. County Rd 29, Loveland, CO 80538  Phone: 970/679-4265