Cob interior wall - foundation detail?

goshawk at gnat.net goshawk at gnat.net
Thu Jul 17 04:14:04 CDT 1997

> I'm considering a home design that has load-bearing
> strawbale exterior walls and cob interior
> walls/partitions.  I'd be interested in people's
> thoughts on this sort of approach.

Since these are interior walls, have you considered using wattle and
daub.
 Regardless I would think that if your floor was lined with
plastic then other that some kind of footing you could just build
your cob wall without worry about moisture from the ground.

Off subject but thought I'd throw it in anyway,
The heat and humidity makes it a bit rough to build here during the day
and last night I went out and worked in the moon light. It was great.
The gnats that are so annoying were not there and because I used only
the moon light I did not attract a lot of other insects.  I will
definitely add full moon nights to my work schedule. Of course
somethings need full sunlight to do correctly.

Pat
Mauk, Ga
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" Arther C Clarke