Re-using Cob?

Speireag speireag at linguist.dartmouth.edu
Wed Jul 30 09:40:30 CDT 1997

Hallo all.

    We will be building our house in sections, and part of the construction
may involve taking down interior (non-load-bearing) cob walls as we adjust
the use of our interior space.

    Is cob re-usable?  If we knock it to pieces, put it in the mixing spot,
jump up and down on it, wet it down, and mix it, will we have cob?  Will
the straw survive two wettings?  Or does the ex-cob wall become backfill
someplace where we don't want drainage?

-Speireag.

Speireag, aka Joshua Macdonald Alden (speireag at linguist.dartmouth.edu)
Ma 's e ur toigh le, sgrìobh thugam anns a' Ghàidhlig
 agus tapadh leat airson mo Ghàidhlig a cheartachadh.