Cob bella coola cob cafe

vtrac at alternatives.com vtrac at alternatives.com
Fri Aug 8 21:07:57 CDT 1997

Hello everyone,

I am new to the coblist and would therefore like to introduce myself.  I
recently helped to co-organize a cob building project in Bella Coola, B.C.
including a seven day cob building workshop with Ianto Evans. The building
in progress which will eventually become a community cafe is being built on
the Nuxalk reservation in Bella Coola.  This project is a joint
collaboration between members of the Nuxalk Nation and ourselves from the
Vancouver Temperate Rainforest Action Coalition (VTRAC) and the Society
Promoting Environmental Conservation (SPEC).

As I write this, there are ongoing workshops teaching others cob building.
We now have the building well under way but expect the project to last for
another year.  In the meantime we welcome cobbers participation in this
unique cross-cultural project. If folks are interested in travelling to
Bella Coola car pooling will be arranged from Vancouver, B.C. For more
information on this project please contact us.

Thanks Ian Marcuse

Down to Earth Building Bee
1117 Salsbury Dr.
Vancouver, B.C.