Cob RE: Salt in the floor

goshawk at gnat.net goshawk at gnat.net
Wed Aug 13 11:12:38 CDT 1997

While reading the great booklet "build your own Earth oven"
I noticed a section that mentions "that salt helps keep the heat in
the over where you want it" Thus suggests using coarse salt as part
of the sub floor for the cob oven. MMMM
I think could one use this to help the floor of a cob structure also
retain heat. One small little fact I don't know is how much one of
those 50lb bags of salt cost.  I figure if it didn't cost too much
and it might even help keep down insects.

Pat
& the Maukly crew.

(building note: (for those who might be following this adventure))
I hope to drop the form I my first "superadobe vault". It's about 6
foot long at the base and 8 foot long at the top. It's four feet
wide. The walls are about 16 inches thick. I'll have photos in a few
weeks.)

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities,
 but in the expert's there are few."
                                    Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind