Cob (Fwd) Re: Solar Chimneys

goshawk at gnat.net goshawk at gnat.net
Thu Sep 25 15:45:53 CDT 1997

Yea - got another vault done yesterday. That leaves one more vault,
top off the room, plaster and put in a floor. Ta Da , I'll have a
room done!) (OK it takes a bit more time then Ta Da)

Speaking of the floor I am thinking of using a combination of some
kind  of brick or terra cotta tile with an earthen floor. I figure
the wax and linseed oil would seal the brick or terra cotta tiles as
well as the earthen floor. One reason I was thinking of this is
becuase we have such high humidity (less in winter).  Plus if I used
the brick or  terra cotta tiles on the paths that folks normally walk
it would reduce wear and tear on the earthen floor in the house..
Sounds logical? Experiences anyone?

Pat.