Cob Re: new photos from CalEarth

Carol M. cllee at SWBell.net
Tue Nov 25 23:23:44 CST 1997

> Pat,

Thanks for the reply.

I agree that some text explanation along with the CalEarth photos would be
very nice.  Maybe when they have time to finish and polish the web site, they
will add that.

I'm very interested in alternative housing since if I'm ever to have a home of
my own again, it's going to have to be something along these lines.  I've been
quietly reading this cob list for months, hoping to gather knowledge.  I much
admire the "can-do" people that are on this list and building their own
alternative housing.

But everything seems to start sort of in the middle in these posts.  It seems
to be taken for granted that we all know exactly what cob is.  I don't. <g>

Am also some confused by the terms super adobe, stabilized earth and such.
I've searched for specific info on these things but if it's out there, I
haven't managed to find it.  If you or anyone else would post a brief
explanation or can point me to a web site I can find the info, I'll sure
appreciate it.

Also, does anyone have the URL to use to get on the straw bale housing
newsgroup?

Carol