Cob oven pics

M J Epko duckchow at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 4 08:38:49 CST 1997

At 07:31 PM 12/2/97 +0000, Michael Saunby wrote:
>While I'm here; I nearly forgot; does anyone have any pictures of cob ovens?

http://www.nau.edu/~cline/speccoll/images/phrames/576a.html
	a weathered traditional horno

http://www.pacific.net/~shenoa/colloqui.htm
	halfway down the page is a series of four from the making of the snail
oven from the '96 Colloquium at Shenoa

http://www.sunville.com/%7Ekeithl/blowup5.html
	the backside of the phoenix horno in the background (benches under the
wings, smoke-hole at the upturned beak) at Black Range Lodge, NM

John Schinnerer has plugged the cob oven booklet by Kiko Denzer (who is not
Kaki Hunter, it took me a while to figure out) a couple times; I had a copy
on back-order from those happenin' Natural Building Resources folks, and
now that it's arrived I will second his endorsement. (There's a picture of
booklet author Kiko Denzer at the Shenoa site above.)

the Natural Building Resources folks, who do carry the cob oven booklet
even though it's not on their "books and videos" page yet:
http://www.zianet.com/blackrange/

      M J Epko        duckchow at ix.netcom.com
      almost Wyoming, north of Nebraska, USA
               by way of New Mexico
      (not soon enough) - for now, Minnesota

    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind
    and won't change the subject.
                    - Winston Churchill,
                      quoted in New York Times