Cob sledgehammers and heat retention

John Schinnerer jschinnerer at seattle.usweb.com
Sun Dec 7 18:12:01 CST 1997

Aloha,

-----Original Message-----
From:	David DeFauw [SMTP:davidde at hevanet.com]
>...	A more energy efficient option for a severe cloudy climate might be a wood
>stingy post a beam frame, straw bale walls, a poured adobe floor, interior
>cob pony walls and benches, and passive solar design.  This is a proven
>winner that is permitable anywhere.

Could you give some details on how this would be permittable anywhere?  As far as I know, only a few states and counties have any codes to support permitted straw bale homes.  I don't know of any that would allow earthern floors, and all the ones I know of require cement stucco exteriors.  Any further info would be very helpful...

Thanks,
John Schinnerer