Cob in the Northeast

Madreiya Madreiya at aol.com
Thu Jan 22 23:28:27 CST 1998

Clark Sanders in East Meredith, NY, helped teach and build a demo cob building
and oven at an art show in Otego,  NY (southern tier) this summer and is
interested, I understand, in doing more.  Also, strawbale.  He also took a Cob
Cottage workshop several summers ago.

Clark Sanders, Box 549, E. Meredith, NY 13757.

The 16' building was built on Charlie Bremer's property.
  His email:  bremerch at norwich.net

Patty Brown, an artist in Ithaca, NY, was part of that workshop.

Personally, I've thought of building a cob home on land SW of Ithaca.
However, the one soil test showed virtually no clay.  Then heard reports of
clay in other areas around there, so bears more checking.  Best wishes to you.

Gail Sanford
Sandy  OR