Cob in the Northeast

Chandler Benjamin ccb6789 at provide.net
Sat Jan 24 13:42:59 CST 1998

Would there be any interest in working out a massive cob-strawbale workshop
in Connecticut?  A time table for this project would be summer '99.  When I
say massive- I mean 6 or 7 structures about 300-500 sqft in size, well
plumbing and solar electricity.  It would take place in one of two
extremes- a very rural landscape, or a very urban (distressed) area.  (land
has not been purchased yet)

Some friends and I are working on an eco-villgae and want to use natural,
sustainable building methods, and to educate the general populous about the
viability if these methods.  So a really big workshop sounds like a good
way to approach those goals.  Also, it sounds like a great way to work with
people that have strong backrounds in sustainable design, and experience in
working at these sorts of things.

Thanks for your time,
Grace Benjamin