Cob Size Estimates

Paul Valerio valeri at io.com
Fri Feb 6 10:20:04 CST 1998

Will,

Have you considered "leichtlehmbau" (lightstraw) as an option?
It is mentioned in "The Straw Bale House" , pg 118.  The "Zuker" house
is in Austin, Tx where I live.  It is very impressive in person-Hansel
and Gretelish.  The owner says the technique is very easy, low-tech.  It
provides more insulation than cob and less trouble than strawbale
because you don't have to stucco, or secure bales, etc.

I have a one-page/two-sided hand-out from the owner on the how-to's, w/
references.  If you are interested I could snail-mail it to you.  Or if
somebody has a scanner I could send it to them and they could get it out
to people.

PV