Cob Mositure Content

brad davis bradavis at direct.ca
Sun Apr 12 04:47:41 CDT 1998

Hello all, One interesting result that I forgot to include in the report,
but is since included, is the average moisture content of the 33 Cob samples
before they were plastered. Specifically, the average mositure content of
the Cob is 12.6%. The range is 10.8-16.9%. What I find interesting is how
this compares to the moisture content of the samples once plastered.

13 of 18 samples, proven to be an accurate result show a lower mositure
content than the average Cob mositure content. Percentage wise this is 72%
which shows that these plasters generally work to some degree in keeping
moisture out. 6 additional samples measured for moisture prove to show
inaccurate results due to loss of material.

The remaining 9 samples not measured for moisture are those that dissolved
in water.

Hope I havn't missed anything more.

Brad