Cob RE: 'used' concrete foundation

John Schinnerer JohnS at STLabs.com
Thu May 14 11:24:40 CDT 1998

Aloha,

Couldn't you
	>lso make a "stone" foundation with this material given that the
slabs were
	>ide enough on average?

	CCC suggests this idea as well in their workshops and book.  There's
a cob bench at a school in Oregon (Portland or Eugene, can't recall which
right now) that has a foundation made from old sidewalk paving chunks and
similar.  That's the only example I know of for sure, but I've heard stories
of cob buildings that rest on similar foundations.  There are tons of old
sidewalk slab used as retaining wall, etc. here in Seattle (including at
public parks).

	John Schinnerer