Cob RE: 'used' concrete foundation

crtaylor tms at northcoast.com
Thu May 14 09:44:35 CDT 1998

>	CCC suggests this idea as well in their workshops and book.

HA!
I just piled up a big carload of small conrete chunks into may back yard
for the foundation of a cob bench I am building as a demonstration.  Becky
Bee's ones in her book got me enthusiastic to build, and I don't need a
whole house so the bench was great.

She even told me using concrete rubble as the visable base was OK too, you
just dont want water/moisture to wick up through the foundation into the
cob basewall. SO I will lay a layer of heavy mil pastic under the rubble
then build on top of that.

Charmaine R. Taylor
Elk River Press & Taylor Publishing
PO Box 6985 Eureka CA 95502  1-888-307-7650
'Books for people who want to build it themselves'
http://www.northcoast.com/~tms/elkriver.html