Cob RE: skinning logs

John Schinnerer JohnS at STLabs.com
Tue May 26 13:09:59 CDT 1998

Aloha,

	After you cut the trees that will become your cordwood, skin just a
strip on each side and wait...the rest of the bark will fall off (or be
easily removed without heavy labor) within the year (don't leave the wood on
the ground, of course).  Ought to work well in your soggy climate!  This is
according to Merv Wilkinson, modern elder of selective sustainable forestry
- he gave this example for trees used as fence rail poles, but once the bark
is off, cut-up rails ought to look a lot like cordwood...:-)

	John Schinnerer