Cob slideshow by Robert Bolman

Robert Bolman robtb at efn.org
Wed Jun 10 10:07:17 CDT 1998

Don,
That sounds like a lot of good reasons to come to Spokane.  I've never been
there, but when I look at it on a map, it looks awfully far away.  How far
from Vancouver is Nelson, BC?
I wouldn't object if someone wanted to shower me with money, generally, at
this time I simply ask that I be fed and put up for the night.
I've been meaning to get back to you about the foundation details that you
sent.  Very interesting.  The straw bales in the ground would be seen with
some skepticism around here where the ground is mush for much of the year.
They seem to be holding up in your location?  On one hand, I like Rastra.
On the other hand I wouldn't want to do a whole house out of it like some
folks are doing.  I'm told that the polystyrene isn't always necessarily
recycled - like sometimes they have to buy it new - which, for me, defeats
the whole purpose.  The biggest drawback on my concrete chunk foundation was
its labor intensiveness.  (we need environmental tax reform).  I'm presently
considering a more conventional foundation with a standard footing and
Rastra stemwalls.
Do you have email for Habib?
Good to hear from you,
Robert Bolman