Cob slideshow by Robert Bolman

Don Stephens dsteph at tincan.tincan.org
Thu Jun 18 13:16:16 CDT 1998

Robert,

Since Spokane is about 280 miles east of Seattle, I suspect Nelson is
about the same distance from Vancouver.  If you haven't been to nelson, it
too would be of interest.  Our EBG chapter of which I'm VP (in charge of
revolution) is doing a field trip up there this weekend to see some
strawbale and a little cob. (oops, posponed message, went to BC, back now,
hope it's not too late to reach you. trip was great. Habib did a demo
airbag loadbearing straw wall compression.  For the impatient or those
with very narrow weather "building windows", the idea of compressing a
whole house in a day or two and getting the protective stucco up
immediately is most attractive. I have slides of the process, if you're
interested) Anyway, I spoke to Habib about you visiting there and he said
drop him an email and he would get you in touch with a friend who could
help make it happen - he's up to his...in straw all summer and tends to
get up-tight about stretching himself too thin (a talent I probably should
cultivate).  his address is Habbib Gonzalez (habibg at netidea.com)

On a Spokane visit, if you would honor us with one:  Of course you would
be welcome to eat/sleep here - bedroom, camper or teepee? - and with a
little lead time I suspect we could get a group of 50 or so to atend and
pass the hat for donations of, $5 each for gas money.  We seem to get good
outreach through the EBG mailing list, Creating The Future, SNAP and the
folks at the local paper.  When we had a field trip to the annualized
solar earth-sheltered test module I mentioned earlier, 200 people showed
up!  Hoping to hear back soon - Don Stephens