Cob hemp in cob

Don Stephens dsteph at tincan.tincan.org
Wed Jun 24 12:02:55 CDT 1998

Micheal,

I would agree, try using what's at hand and especially if it is still in
search of a use.  Most states have weed control authorities of some kind
that have established lists of "noxious weeds".  In many cases these
reflect an ag orientation, ie: if it makes the cows sick, it's noxious,
rather than an ecological orientation, ie: if it's screwing up natural
ecosystems and endangering/strangling out native species/econitches it's a
baddy.  Anyway, these agencies usually have free (means you've already
paid for it with your taxes, so you might as well have it) info-sheets or
even booklets identifying and illustrating the weeds which they consider
the biggest problems.  If you don't have knapweed, count it as a blessing,
but if you don't have it, it's probably because it was strangled by the
Kudzoo! - Don

PS: Besides the fiber, as a substitute for straw, hemp and such, I also
ponder weed JUICES as binder fluid and/or " waterproofing" for stuccos and
cob, in areas where we arn't blessed with prickly pear juice.  Things like
salsify, prickly letuce, dandilions, etc. come to mind.  Anybody tried
anything along this line?