Cob Ceramic House (was Re: Masonary for wet locations

M J Epko duckchow at mail2.greenbuilder.com
Sun Jun 28 08:47:58 CDT 1998

Here's a picture of one of Khalili's houses being fired (inside-out) with
an enormous gas jet
http://www.zianet.com/blackrange/br_images/fired_house.jpg

(I think Joe Kennedy, an early Khalili intern, took that shot. It's from
the unsorted, unlabeled natural building pics at
http://www.zianet.com/blackrange/br_pages/international_pics.html

The CalEarth website is at
http://calearth.org/
and there's still some information at the old one too
http://members.aol.com/calearth/

Pat Newberry's building an unfired Khalili-style superadobe building in
Georgia, following his progress has been enlightening and fun
http://www.gnat.net/~goshawk/

At 07:08 AM 6/28/98 -0400, tvoivozd wrote:
>Nader Khalil has made ceramic-interior houses and written a book
>on the subject, so if someone was insistent on employing a material
>other than reinforced concrete they can certainly do so.  Wander
>off to the nearest library or look up Khalil's website.

            * NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS *
   Freewheeling autonomous speculation - Think!
      Personality #7 represents only itself.
    M J Epko - duckchow at mail2.greenbuilder.com
               Kingston, New Mexico

  Men regard it as their right to return evil for
  evil - and, if they cannot, feel they have lost
  their liberty.
                 - Aristotle, Nichomachean Ethics