Cob Carpet where no carpet's been before

HandyM2 at aol.com HandyM2 at aol.com
Mon Jun 29 20:43:11 CDT 1998

Rog, our mate down under <G> (Always wanted to say that...>VBG<)

<< And on my daily tours of mini-skips I've noticed that second-hand carpet is
 perhaps more abundant than anything else on the (throw-away) planet.  So
 I'm wondering if I could have a relatively superficial ceiling holding up
 about ten or twelve layers of carpet, with the fibreglass roof on top of
 that.
 Anyone got any suggestions or obvious things that I've overlooked?

Do you or any of your family or friends have allergys?  Such a construction of
dirty throw away carpet would be a wonderful source of allergens and a
excellent mold/mildew growth medium.

Also I might wonder how you would evict any rodents and such that moved into
that wonderful pest Condominium.

Perhaps a serious cleaning and long term poison to keep pests and such out
could be done but the cost in effort and worse, health of the inhabitants
seems to be a poor choice.

Recently some carpet was recycled in my area by a family.  Seems all of them
fell sick to a serious illness, seems after extensive medical testing and
treatment someone checked the house for enviormental problems.

Seems the like new thrown away carpet had been spilled upon by some nasty
chemical stuff (exactly what is still not in public knowledge).

Free can be deadly expensive.

Robert Heinlein once wrote TANSTAAFL  or There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free
Lunch.

Just a thought from a Hospital HAZMAT Safety Officer.

Michael