Cob Carpet where no carpet's been before

Rog rogb at net2000.com.au
Sun Jun 28 20:49:45 CDT 1998

> Great!  As I've indicated, the world is rapidly being buried in
> used, abused and discarded carpet (along with paper, etc) and I'm always
> thrilled to see someone come up with another way to see "waste" as
> resource.  I want to cogitate a while on the possibilities...back
later...

That reminds me about a roof insulation concept I came up with...
Having found about 80sqm of corrigated fibreglass in a mini-skip and
decided there and then that it'll be a recylced fibreglass roof on my
cottage, I got to wondering what I could put immediately under said roof to
insulate things.
And on my daily tours of mini-skips I've noticed that second-hand carpet is
perhaps more abundant than anything else on the (throw-away) planet.  So
I'm wondering if I could have a relatively superficial ceiling holding up
about ten or twelve layers of carpet, with the fibreglass roof on top of
that.
Anyone got any suggestions or obvious things that I've overlooked?

Cheers, Rog.

P.S.  Cost of cottage down to about $80 (Australian) and counting!