Cob Re: CINVA Ram-plans

crtaylor tms at northcoast.com
Fri Aug 7 05:13:14 CDT 1998

Buzz, and cobbers....

I have just  revceived the plans ( actual blueprint style engineering
plans) for what appear to be (unpatented ) CEB presses..developed in third
world countries for useage.

I am checking on the feasibility of making these avaialable, but at this
point I dont know. he plans show a simple, " CInva Ram  style" design with
some physical differences, but they both make bricks of earth by
compression, and look like a machinist/welder could build them fairly
easily.

One is called the Ceta Ram, the other has no name, some of the instruciton
s are fully in Spanish, the other may be Thai/ with some German and English.

As for the book>>>>> "Earth Constuction: A Comprehensive
Guide." and it shows about a dozen different kinds of block presses. It's
chock full of technical details and illustrations. While it uses the
"comprehensive" in the title, it focuses mostly on soil issues and earth
blocks of various kinds"

It is expensive at $47.50, and it is a valuable total resource, but only
feastures a small bit on CEB..another cheaper book   also from IT pubs is
one called "How to make low cost building blocks: stabilized soil
technology"-- this is all about manual making of CEBS and is $12.00..I do
carry both books in stock.

Charmaine R. Taylor
Taylor Publishing & Elk River Press
PO Box 6985 Eureka CA 95502  1-888-307-7650
'Books for people who want to build it themselves'
http://www.northcoast.com/~tms/elkriver.html
MasterCard & Visa purchase available