Cob and recycled materials

John Schinnerer JohnS at STLabs.com
Mon Aug 17 18:24:28 CDT 1998

Aloha,

	What if "the mainstream patterns of economic life" (whatever one may
mean by that) are pathological?  In the culture I live, they certainly seem
to be.  A sprawling tract of cob houses is still a sprawling tract of
houses.  Richer people living in cob mansion gated communities built (and
cleaned, etc.) by poor people living in cob hut slums gets us where?  In
other words...

	>...But if we truly want to
	>change the beast we must strike at its heart...

	...what constitutes "striking at the heart" and what constitutes
"being swallowed up?"

	John Schinnerer