Cob/recycling/communities

spencers bardsong at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 18 13:58:23 CDT 1998

As we journey out everynight in search of used/discarded materials to
use in the building of our cob home, we discus the issue of
"Where,Where,Where" so much that many times we end up riding in silence.

There's got to be an answer here. We don't really want to live alone in
the country somewhere. We Really want to be around crafty folks who are
nutty like us. We've been to the Farm in Tennessee to view their cob
house. Met the people, dug their vibe. Will surely attend their Harvest
festival this labor day and hopefully meet some more cool people.
We don't, however want to live there, too many problems. We want to own
our piece of dirt. 'nuff said on that.

Someone mentioned Ghost towns. Sure. Where? We're game and will look at
any and all sugestions. What we don't want to do is yap about this
forever. We just want to get it done. Get started. We're already self
sufficiant business-wise, so our personal economy goes where we do.

We've gathered materials from windows/doors to wiring. All free. Other's
trash, or what they think to be so, will be used to cut our cob-cost
massively. Ours will be a truely Recycled house. And we always encourage
others to do the same. So in theory we could get with some of you on
this list, start a community of cob somewhere, exist, and be
neighbors&pals. But is it possible? Really? Or would we just blow steam
talking?

Shawn&Jen

http://spaceformusic.com/bardsong