Cob a cob code mission for all cobbers da

vtrac at alternatives.com vtrac at alternatives.com
Thu Aug 20 04:21:53 CDT 1998

>>Please site to me what cob structure fell and killed its occupants. I know of
>>adobe and rammed earth that have failed but not cob ... yet. ~~howard
>
>I am aware of only 1 cob fatality but do not know the details. A few years
>ago a cob builder was killed when the dome he was attempting to construct
>collapsed on him.

Contact the Cob Cottage Co for more details. I know very little. I think it
happened about 3 or 4 years ago and the builder was experimenting with a
corbled dome, in other words, he may have really been pushing the limits. I
understand that he was also an experienced cobber, but again I am weak on
details so don't quote me.

Ian