Cob Farmers Bulletin # 1500 - Rammed Earth Construction

Paul & Mary Salas chansey at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 4 06:20:34 CDT 1998

JBTomlin at aol.com wrote:

> Does anybody have access to or direct me to an old copy(microfiche, photocopy
> or reprint) of USDA Farmers Bulletin # 1500 - Rammed Earth Construction for
> Farm Buildings.  Circa 1930's.  I would appreciate any suggestions or advice
> in directing my search.--jeff

Jeff,

The Earth Architecture Center International Ltd. JBTomlin at aol.com wrote:

> Does anybody have access to or direct me to an old copy(microfiche, photocopy
> or reprint) of USDA Farmers Bulletin # 1500 - Rammed Earth Construction for
> Farm Buildings.  Circa 1930's.  I would appreciate any suggestions or advice
> in directing my search.--jeff

The Earth Architecture Center International Ltd. @
http://www.nmia.com/~eaci/index.html
which is a non-profit by

 P.G. McHenry
 5928 Guadalupe Trail Northwest
 Albuquerque, NM 87107
 Phone and Fax (505) 345-2613
 email to: mchenry at unm.edu
 Website: www.unm.edu/~mchenry

Lists the following in their library database.  They may be able to make
copies for you or at least refer you to a source.  Refer to the EACI
index number noted.

EACI Ref #861
Betts, M.C.; Miller, Thomas A.H.
RAMMED EARTH WALLS FOR BUILDINGS: Farmers' Bulletin l500
U.S. Department of Agriculture: Washington, DC, USA, l938.

Ref EACI  #1097
Miller, T.A.H.; Betts, Morris Cotgrave
RAMMED EARTH WALLS FOR BUILDINGS: Farmers' Bulletin l500
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Washington, DC, l926, rev. l937.

Hope this helps.

Paul