Cob RE: cob codes

Otherfish at aol.com Otherfish at aol.com
Thu Sep 17 23:48:20 CDT 1998

to howard & all others concerned about the building codes

building codes ARE a problem - and they are not going to go away !
-codes exist in the form that they do because
-someone wrote them that way
-the codes do not understand natural building
-because
-no one has written them to do that
-the codes do not promote sustainability
-because
-no one has written them to do so

-the codes are just a tool
-a too is as good as its design

-if WE design the codes properly
-if we write them to do what we need then
-they will
-if we ignore them & wish that they would go away
-they will not
-and
-they will not do what we need them to do

-the codes process is open to all
-anyone can write the code
-all it needs is to be proveable & real

so
-instead of crying, bitching & moaning about
-how crappy the codes are
-let's CHANGE THE CODES
-WE ARE ONLY VICTIMS IF WE LET OURSELVES BE

this will not be easy
it is a major project
the rewards will be great
IT CAN BE DONE

remember - the codes are not going to go away
so lets make them work for us

cob on
john fordice
THE COB CODE PROJECT